First Time Home Buyer? Don’t worry, we got this!
Gold Standard Real Estate Services is skilled at helping clients identify, negotiate, and close on the home of their choice. We listen to your needs, wants, and non-negotiable items to get the best sense of which homes and neighborhoods, that will appeal to you.
EXTENSIVE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE
We are experts in the Fairbanks and North Pole areas and the surrounding communities. Our team knows the streets almost as well as the firemen and our GPS. With this local knowledge, we will:
- Get you acquainted with every neighborhood in your price range
- Help you eliminate the areas you are not as fond of
- Focus on the areas you like, even down to the street
- Help you understand the local market conditions, active inventory, and what’s sold most recently
- Get you in to see potential homes as soon as possible
Our expert negotiation strategies have helped hundreds of buyers buy their homes at the best possible price. Some of our buyer transactions are multiple offers, and we’re proud of our over 80% success rate representing clients in multiple offers. Our team will:
- Advise you on how to write a strong, compelling offer
- Strategize when competing with multiple offers
- Separate your offer from everyone else
- Ensure your offer is presented as soon as possible
- Get you your home at the best possible price
Who you choose to represent is incredibly crucial in our competitive market. We are proud not only of our reputation among our clients but our relationships with our colleagues which translates to our clients getting the home they want.
- Maintain a small clientele in order to provide the very best service
- Treat colleagues as colleagues, not competition
- Our clients know they are receiving the best possible attention and service
- On average, our clients see less than ten homes before purchasing
WHAT TO EXPECT
Initial Phone Consultation
Prior to your first appointment, we suggest scheduling a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation. During this call, our Realtors will briefly discuss what you are looking for, your current situation, and any other questions or concerns you may have. We are happy to help make an initial determination on what your dollar can buy so you can be as realistic as possible. If you are obtaining financing, we will also discuss your options so you will be prepared and feel confident in your lenders even prior to meeting with us in person.
We understand that purchasing a home is a major life event and a very personal process, so our first meeting is designed to be as comprehensive and educational as possible. We will answer all of your questions and determine if we are the right fit for you. This initial meeting time can range from 90 minutes.
During the meeting, the following topics will be discussed:
- What is most important to you
- Neighborhoods/areas of interest
- The home buying process
- Strategies for successful negotiation
- Current market conditions and what your dollar will buy
- How to mitigate any inevitable bumps that may pop up
- How we work, and how a real estate professional is compensated
The expectations of both parties will also be discussed, as well as fiduciary responsibilities and how our clients formalize their relationship with an agreement designating us as their Realtor. By the end of the meeting, it should be clear whether or not both parties are a good fit for each other.